Thoughts, learnings, and questions for fellow educators. Topics vary through the school year and summer: health class, middle school, and education in general.
- It’s the Thought That Counts: Teaching Mindfulness
- Practice Makes Perfect: The Power of Student Role-Play
- Making the Most of Movies: Video Clips in Health Class
- Great Lesson Hooks: Social Bell Ringers
- Prompting Self-Reflection: Journal Activities
- Building Your Classroom as a Team: Challenge-Based Activities
- Connecting with Students: Three Simple Things
The Last/Next Time
Teaching blog shorts to get educators thinking. “When was the last time…?” questions to reflect on and “Take advantage of the next time…” prompts to act on. Be a lifelong learner and better the craft of being an educator.
- Change of Plans: When was the last time you altered plans while teaching?
- Turn It Up: When was the last time you used music while teaching?
- Share Your Story: When was the last time you shared a personal story while teaching?
- Take a Chance: When was the last time you took a chance in teaching?
- Admitting Mistakes: When was the last time you admitted to a mistake?
- Ask for Help: When was the last time you asked for help from your students?
- Giving Thanks: When was the last time you gave thanks to your students?
Tune in Tuesdays for our podcast! Join our student-hosts as they discuss health education, middle school, and life in general.
Check the weekly videos, right from the classroom!
Be a fly on the wall for class activities, listen in on day-to-day teaching mistakes, and watch unprompted student interviews.