Blog posts aimed at Health Education and teachers in general.
- It’s the Thought That Counts: Teaching Mindfulness
- Practice Makes Perfect: The Power of Student Role-Play
- Making the Most of Movies: Video Clips in Health Class
- Great Lesson Hooks: Social Bell Ringers
- Prompting Self-Reflection: Journal Activities
- Building Your Classroom as a Team: Challenge-Based Activities
- Connecting with Students: Three Simple Things
Questions to reflect on and prompts to act on to better the craft of being an educator.
- Change of Plans: When was the last time you altered plans while teaching?
- Turn It Up: When was the last time you used music while teaching?
- Share Your Story: When was the last time you shared a personal story?
- Take a Chance: When was the last time you took a chance in teaching?
- Admitting Mistakes: When was the last time you admitted to a mistake?
- Ask for Help: When was the last time you asked for help from your students?
- Giving Thanks: When was the last time you gave thanks to your students?
Previous blog posts. Idiom topics and related stories from Scott Todnem.
- Life and Limb: Johnny Whoops
- One for the Books: Choose Your Own Adventure
- When Push Comes to Shove: Beyond a Shadow of Self-Doubt
- Knock on Wood: Stupid Superstition
- Once in Blue Moon: Cubs Win!
- X Marks the Spot: Stories Within Stories
- Back to the Drawing Board: Worth a Thousand Words
- Take It or Leave It: Missed Opportunity
- The Moment of Truth: Twenty Questions
- Spring Cleaning: Pictures to Prove It
- Judge a Book By Its Cover: The Holocaust Museum
- The Long Road Ahead: A Marathon Session
- The Shirt Off One’s Back: Saving the World
- Water Under the Bridge: The Big Wave of Guilt
- Method to the Madness: The Giving Tree
- Bite the Bullet: Slaying the Dragon
- Starting From Scratch: Life After Winnie Cooper
- The Early Bird Gets the Worm: Every Day Matters
- Fame and Fortune: A Signature Day
- Everything in Moderation: All Work & No Play
- Better Late Than Never: When It Rains, It Pours
- Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me: Snake in the Grass
- No Rest for the Weary: I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
- Music to My Ears: Whiskey & Records
- Guilty Pleasures: Take a Bite and Let it Go
- Fear of the Unknown: 10 Years and 4000 Miles
Uncensored and uncompromising, these guest writers pour from the heart.
- The Inevitable Existential Crisis of Birthday Cake
- Writing This Story a Thousand Times
- Ex-Girlfriends, Negging, & Emergency Room First Dates
- Reckoning Home
- Being Fooled By Expectation
- A Lesson in Graceful Confrontation
- Cake & Responsibilities; A Delicate Balance
- Opportunity Doesn’t Knock
- A Sheepdog’s Selflessness
- Spring Cleaning
- Stripped Down
- The Weekly SOB
- Life at 26
- Fishing with Nuclear Warheads
- Robert Frost Was Really Smart
- Pump the Brakes
- Mental Health Marathon
- Unspoken Word Poetry
- Do You Want To Go Get Ice Cream?
- James Joyce was Probably an HSP with ADD
- Listening by Ear
- Human Oddities
- New Year’s Plans
Emmitt Dei Richards
- Don’t Submit to the Suffering
- Learn All the Things, All the Time, Everywhere, Everyday
- Early, Early, Before Someone Else
- Always Waiting
- A Dichotomy of Silence & Noise
- Embrace Uncertainty